Custom instance-level project templates (PREMIUM SELF)
GitLab administrators can configure the group where all the custom project templates are sourced.
Every project directly under the group namespace will be available to the user if they have access to them. For example:
- Public projects, in the group will be available to every signed-in user, if all enabled project features except for GitLab Pages are set to Everyone With Access.
- Private projects will be available only if the user is a member of the project.
Repository and database information that are copied over to each new project are identical to the data exported with the GitLab Project Import/Export.
NOTE: To set project templates at a group level, see Custom group-level project templates.
GitLab administrators can configure a GitLab group that serves as template source for an entire GitLab instance by:
- Navigating to Admin Area > Settings > Templates.
- Expanding Custom project templates.
- Selecting a group to use.
- Pressing Save changes.
NOTE: Projects below subgroups of the template group are not supported.