Migrate Mail Domain to another server
In a growing multiserver environment it could happen, that an old server is going to die. Another scenario is to split out the mail service to a new dedicated server from a mixed web/mail/alltheotherstuff server.
Would be great to have a tool that can do the following steps triggered by the change of the server for the mail domain:
- send create job to new server
- copy Maildir from old to new server
- check server software and trigger required migration scripts (e.g. courier->dovecot)
- do all required configuration for domain, mailboxes, aliases, fetchmail, sieve ... on the new server
- send remove job to old server
- (optional) search for the MX record and change it to the new server
I think an automated script would be great to reduce downtime of MX services for a moving domain dramatically.