Changing owner of website from reseller to client broken
If you log in as a reseller and create a website with everything:
- SQL database
And you decide to create a new client and go to the settings of that already existing website, switching the owner to that newly created client, things will break on that same server:
First the steps to take:
- Create reseller 2- Create a website
- Create a database for that website
- Create a FTP account that point to a subfolder!
- Create a SSL certificate and make the site https --
- Wait that dust has setteled and all changes are done --
- Create a new client
- Edit the website and select that new client
- Save the changes --
- Wait that dust has setteled and all changes are done
- A new unix group is created for that new client.
- So a new apache DocumentRoot with all dependencies is created.
- Old website is not copied nor moved.
- Symbolic links are outdated (/var/www/linkname and the one inside the clients folder)
- fstab entry is not removed nor unmounted
- chattr -i is not taken on old instance
- FTP path is reset to a base path of the new website
- SSL settings are not applied to the new side, although they are still available over website panel (had to save the ssl folder, remove the cert and re-add it). The apache vhost had lost its SSL settings
So this option seems fundamentally broken and dangerous at the moment. :-)
- I would expect that the old DocumentRoot stuuf gets moved to new folder
- FTP path restored with correct subfolder
- Old fstab entry being removed and unmounted
- chattr -i on old folder and removed from file system
- SSL still working
- Fixed sym-links on filesystem
Broken site. Shows the welcome site of ispconfig
If you want to contact me directly, feel free to drop me a note on my e-mail. I am from Germany. Sometimes mail/phone is more uncomplicated.