Domain settings validation when adding new email domain
When adding new mail domain can ISPConfig perform some check if the domain is configured correctly, eg checking MX record for it and do not allow or warn if it's not set up correctly. Some kind of validation of domain ownership would be usefull, eg.
- MX record pointing to specific server
- TXT record containing specific value Server admin could decide whether to allow adding domains without these, warn or require DNS set up beforehand. I understand that sometimes people need to set up domain and mailboxes before switching the MX, but TXT record verification could be an option in this case.
Additionally it would be useful if there was a dashboard showing all mail domains configuration correctness for MX record - saying eg. "your MX record is not not figured correctly, you will not be able to receive any email for domain here SPF - if exists, has correct syntax and lists the IP of the server DKiM public key - if exists for chosen selector, has correct syntax and contains the right public key DMARC policy record -
- People make typos or forget they have to configure DNS.
- Sometimes user adds a domain that belongs to someone else and as a result all email to that domain is treated as local by the server and therefore emails to it cannot be delivered from the server
- Grow knowledge about email authentication to reduce spam volumes and phishing