DNS Mirror server not generating full config files
I've recently installed our third DNS server (let's call it NS3). No big issues during installation. After that, I've set it up as
Is mirror of Server from original one (NS1).
The issue is, that domains are not generated on the new NS3. And if I modify some domain, it generates only the difference, but not all records.
- Edit domain example.com
- Add new NS record -> ns3.example.com
- The serial is increased
- New file on NS1:
root@ns1:/etc/bind# cat pri.example.com $TTL 3600 @ IN SOA ns1.example.com. webmaster.example.com. ( 2020011304 ; serial, todays date + todays serial # 7200 ; refresh, seconds 540 ; retry, seconds 604800 ; expire, seconds 86400 ) ; minimum, seconds ; example.com. 3600 A 22.214.171.124 mail 3600 A 126.96.36.199 www 3600 A 188.8.131.52 psrp 3600 CNAME rp.post.example.com. example.com. 3600 MX 10 mail.example.com. example.com. 3600 NS ns1.example.com. example.com. 3600 NS ns2.example.com. example.com. 3600 NS ns3.example.com.
- File from NS3:
$TTL 3600 @ IN SOA ns1.example.com. webmaster.lcx.at. ( 2020011304 ; serial, todays date + todays serial # 7200 ; refresh, seconds 540 ; retry, seconds 604800 ; expire, seconds 86400 ) ; minimum, seconds ; lcxmail.at. 3600 NS ns3.example.com.
Files should be same.
- on NS2 (which was created at the same time as NS1) the files are generated properly.
- If I add new zone, everything is fine and works as expected. The issue only happens on zones that were already defined before NS3 was introduced to cluster. My wild guess is that the older zone records in DB may be missing some attribute which was introduced in updates in past ...
- Server OS: debian
- Server OS version: NS1 9.5, NS3: 10.2
- ISPConfig version: NS1 3.1.13, NS3: 3.1.15p2
If it might be related to the problem
php -v PHP 5.6.37-0+deb8u1 (cli) (built: Sep 1 2018 03:27:43)
php -v PHP 7.3.11-1~deb10u1 (cli) (built: Oct 26 2019 14:14:18) ( NTS )