Linux User and Linux Group options revert on edit
The Linux User and Linux Group options under Sites > Options don't seem to work properly. When changed, the new user and group are created, and the database fields web_domain.system_user and web_domain.system_group are changed appropriately. However, if I then edit the site again and just click Save (changing nothing), the user and group revert to the default settings.
Another problem with this is, that the owner of the files is not automatically updated. In practice, it looks like this:
- I click on "Add new website" and fill out the fields
- I click Options - at this point the new website is inserted into the database
- I then have to change the user and click Save before the directory structure is created (a time-frame of a few seconds), to have the correct owner applied to it
I therefore propose the following solutions:
- Fix the problem with editing a website, so that the user and group are not reverted to defaults.
- Implement one or both of the following fixes: 2.1 When changing a user and/or group for a website, automatically update the owner of the files in the /var/clients directory OR 2.2 When adding a new site, don't insert it into the database before clicking Save