Maibox quota | Email domain quota
I'm writing because we have detected a problem with email quotas. It's a real case that has happened to us.
- The client has created an email box: firstname.lastname@example.org with a fee of 5 Gb.
- When the mailbox reaches 5Gb, they deactivate it and modify the quota reducing it to 1 Mb for example.
- Then they create a new email box: email@example.com and they have all the domain fees to use again.
- The first mailbox has not been deleted, so it uses the 5 Gb hard disk quota.
- This has been repeated with several emails, so this user is consuming much more hard disk quota than the one assigned to his domain without our control.
On the other hand, would it be possible to have a limit per account instead of a global limit for all accounts? I think it is the most used option in hosting plans (max quota limit per account) more common than global quota per email domain.
Currently, we could set a domain email quota to 10Gb. This means we could have a mailbox with a 10Gb quota or 10 email mailboxes with 1Gb. We believe it is more common to set a maximum of 10 mailboxes and 1G max for each one for example.
I have seen that it is an open request a long time ago, we are following the changes but it has not entered the roadmap.
Thank you very much for the excellent work on this project.