Failed install requires manual uninstall
Start an installation in expert mode and break it when prompted for cert detail. Now try uninstall.php. It fails because required scripts aren't available yet in "/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/". Try to install again and it says an installation was found, use update.
This is a request to display detail or a link to detail for manually removing all components. OR, modify the install, update, or uninstall to detect a partial installation and accommodate.
This scenario happened when I was entering the CA info and got called away from my PC. Due to the issue documented in #5830 (closed), UFW was enabled, SSH was disabled, and my connection was killed. A simple ctrl-C or ctrl-D will reproduce the conditions as well. In the real world any sort of accident can happen to leave any software in an ambiguous state.
The instructions I have written for myself to recover from this are as follows:
- mysql -u root -p
- drop database dbispconfig;
- show databases;
- Verify that the database has been removed
- rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/
- Remove the existing installation files. Be extremely careful with this command.
- rm -f /usr/local/bin/ispconfig*
- crontab -e
- Remove lines related to ISPConfig