There is something going on with the mailfilters. I cannot yet tell when the problem exists and when it doesn't, but let's start with what I already know:
- When certain filter rules exist, mail sometimes disappears into a black hole. (that's why I rated this bug repart as high severity).
- When certain filter rules exist, mail ends up in folders where it shouldn't end up.
- It happens on different installations.
- It happens on as well Debian Etch as on Lenny.
- Sometimes a filter works, sometimes it doesn't.
I know that this is a quite vague bug report, but I'm pretty sure that something is wrong, but cannot exactly say what causes the problems. If I have any additional information I will add it to this report.