It would be awesome if there was an option to select either amavis or MailScanner like there is for Apache and nginx. mailScanner has a lot more features available in it, such as web-bug protection, advanced scanning options for Microsoft documents, compressed archives and other files, allows for extremely flexible header control, has an option to block password-protected archives completely and among many other things that seem to be lacking in amavis also has the ability to have a web-interface implemented with it (MailWatch) that allows for manual spam-queue releases (if allowed by the web host).
Some possible implementation examples could be:
- Plans Menu:
- Having a list of different scanners that clients can select (ClamAV, Sophos, McAffee, etc) depending on what the host has installed/enabled
- The ability to select the different features that the users can customize (ie, selecting if web bugs can be disabled or not, if password-protected archives are allowed, etc)
- Whether or not MailWatch accounts can be created
- Most of the configuration settings can point to a ruleset - ISPConfig could write the different user selections and host selections to this ruleset
- An interface within ISPConfig for administrators for the configuration file
MailScanner Installation Guide Link: http://xmodulo.com/mailscanner-clam-antivirus-spamassassin-centos.html MailWatch Link: http://docs.mailwatch.org/doc/installing.html MailScanner Official Website Link: https://www.mailscanner.info/
Nothing really against Amavis, it just lacks a lot of features that MailScanner has. I really think that this could be a worthwhile implementation.